Your iron has a burned surface and it no longer heats well?
It has happened to all of us that when ironing, we leave the iron plugged in for too long without using it and over time the metal surface is burned .
There comes a point that the iron no longer heats at the right speed or does not reach the optimum temperature at all.
Does your iron leave stains on clothes?
Do not be alarmed, before throwing the iron and buying a new test with these tricks that are very simple and cheap to do to extend the life of the appliance.
If you have a dirty iron or a burned iron we will explain some simple tricks on how to clean the iron or how to clean a steam iron to be able to leave it as new and as clean as possible.
How to clean a dirty iron with white vinegar
Steps to follow:
- The first thing we have to do is disconnect the iron from the power so as not to burn ourselves or have any accident.
- We heat a small amount of white vinegar.
- We apply the vinegar to the iron with a cloth or sponge that helps us remove dirt thanks to the vinegar.
If our iron is still a bit dirty or burned, then I will explain another method to clean an iron even more thoroughly and very useful if the iron is burned.
How to clean a burnt iron with coarse salt
Steps to follow:
- For this type of cleaning the iron has to be connected, and we will wait until it is hot.
- Take a cloth with coarse salt and gently exfoliate the surface from front to back, taking care not to scratch or damage the surface of the iron.
- We turn off the iron and wait for the surface of the iron to cool.
- Once the iron is cold, we use a damp cloth or sponge to remove the coarse salt and remove all the dirt.
How to clean a burned or dirty iron
Easily clean your steam iron with toothpaste
First and most importantly make sure the iron is unplugged and cold .
- Añade pasta de dientes sobre la superficie de la plancha y frota con un paño ligeramente húmedo con suavidad.
- Después enchufa la plancha de vapor y activa la función de vapor durante unos 4 o 5 minutos y déjala reposar.
- Unplug the iron and wait until it cools down.
- Check that the base of the steam iron is no longer just slightly warm and use a cloth to clean and remove the toothpaste residue.
Other homemade tricks to clean a burned iron
Clean the surface of the burned iron with candle wax
To clean the iron with candle wax we will need the iron to be turned on and at a hot temperature, but not very hot as we can burn.
Simply rub the candle on the surface of the dirty iron, then remove the wax with a soft microfiber cloth.
If there are traces of dirt, we will apply a little cleaning vinegar on the cloth, and we will clean the surface until it is completely clean and without embedded scab.
And that easy , if you want it to be even cleaner you can try doing this method twice, but once we apply this method to clean a steam iron or a normal burned iron it will work for us the thousand wonders.
Submit your review